Friday, May 2, 2008

Soon to Come...

So for a few weeks now, I've expressed that I was scared to start writing poetry. I have the constant urge to do so but I'm frightened that....honestly....it comes out wack. I hear a lot of great poems, especially while going to Philalive, and I can't help but think "Am I capable of producing something like that?". I constantly held myself back till a bout a week ago I decided to just do it. You gotta crawl before you walk, right? So I started writing but I felt it was too forced. It wasn't flowing like ALL of my other writings so I decided that when I'm ready to write my poem then it will come out wonderfully. SO TONIGHT IT HAPPENED!!!!! PhilaLive was filled with soo much talent tonight, about halfway through I got the intense inspiration/urge to write. Oh and did I write!! Its definitely not all done and I want to give yall a slight preview (on my cocky tip lol). So to wrapp up my ramblings.... Enjoy 




"I think of it as a blunt session where my thoughts is the weed, my words is the paper and my heart is the smoke that goes from my body to yours to give you that level of enlightenment that we all craved for. Poets are dealers. They slowly move in the shadows infecting their customers with their hot commodity... Knowledge. Their intentions aren’t to deceive or they would tell you their shit is bad. Their selling their product for satisfaction but not of the monetary but of the emotionally. They touched me in a place where only I have to key. They seeped through the cracks and infiltrated the confined and trapped mind that calls my head home. 
They penetrate the ignorance barrier without even breakin’ a sweat. Knowledge is power and there’s no MIB to erase the inspiration that slapped you in the mouth and awoken you like your mother before school starts. Minds are captured and hearts are ceased with every hit of the weed, but instead of making me high, it’s keeping me grounded. Instead of impairing my judgment, it’s freeing my mind. Instead of producing red eyes its prying open closed ones. Instead of ruining my body, its uplifting my soul."

Be Easy, 
T

2 comments:

Teeny V. said...

wow dat was really good T...i especially loved the opening...it captured me n made me want to keep reading...keep writing!

Anonymous said...

good shit! and there is no condition to it.. you know like when people say "that's good for a first timer". its funny because i founf myself in the same position as you and i just tried it out. it wasn't all that bad. keep it up!