Friday, May 23, 2008

Sorry, I had to do it...

So I just post two videos back to back. Then I went to Redd's blog and saw that Usher has a new video for Moving Mountains. Sorry Redd, I had to bite...

Oh yeah. So I got "Here I Stand" already and I've been slightly having a hard time assessing it. Everyone who I told I have it asked the same damn question. "How is it compared to "Confessions"?". Truthfully, I can't say just yet. We all know confessions was a phenomenal album but I'm coming to the conclusion that this album needs to be looked at in its own light, instead of in the shadow of "Confessions". "Here I Stand" is a good album and it honestly shows the growth in this dude. Let me know what yall think about it.... (When it comes out in a few days cuz yall are not exclusive like me lol j/k)

Be Easy, 
T



Moving Mountains - Usher

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've heard a nice amount of the album and i feel as though one can't really compare it to confessions for 2 main reasons.

1: the entire feel of the album is different. confessions was a mixed emotions album to me. he had yeah, superstar, burn, & that's what its made for which don't relate. plus, he was fresh out of a relationship.

2: nothing tragic has happened. artists make the best music to me when they are suffering or going through hard times, you know?its real and relative.

as for here i stand.. yea, he just had a baby and got married to that god-awful looking woman tameka, he does not have much to say.

i think if anything this album has to grow on me.