Wednesday, April 9, 2008

First ONE

Yeah, so, this is the first of many I guess..... So I write a lot of randomness but everything makes sense for the most part. I'll start it off with something I wrote a few hours ago.


Questions

Why write? What's the reason for it? For a while now I've been sitting back and listening to poet after poet at Philalive or various other Spoken word events that goes on around here. I love them. I find these events fascinating for the most part and inspiring for the rest. I somehow see my on stage reciting something I've written but wonder if its because being on stage is appealing to me. You know how people only want to be something when they see other people do it. I've never really written poetry but I've always written my thoughts. I feel like thats what poets do, just in a poetic way so why can't I recite something I wrote on stage. What is really preventing me though. I believe I can write something amazing, mesmerizing, titillating and most importantly from my heart. I don't wanna get up there with bs made up stuff that I feel people "want to hear". I'm gonna get up there and recite something I want people to hear. Give them a lil taste of the mind I call T. It may sound weird but I myself am Terence but my Self is T (compliments of my Sociology of Self course). Another reason I'm resisting to write poetry is because of the magnitude of skill to which others are at. I feel like I be going against veteran poets like my homegirl Bonita (although we live in two different places and we've only recently become really really cool, I use homegirl to show how close we are). Practice makes perfect right? Hey, I gotta start somewhere so why not here and now. You miss 100% of all shots not taken. Now the question is, do I have what it takes? Can I cut? I should probably just stick to bloggin (if this is a word you bloggers use, forgive me, I'm new)? Have I gone through enough turmoil to produce a wonderful poem. It seems like thats what most poets are motivated to write about. Its understandable because if its hurting you, you write about it... Have I gone through enough headache, aggravation, and saddness to produce quality poems? Well, I have dammit. So you know what, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna try my hardest and I'm gonna improve. You guys will be enlightened and maybe even inspired by my efforts to produce wonderful pieces that brings me closer to you and vice versa. I mean, everyone has a story and I'm gonna tell mine. Yup, theres more but I'm fallin asleep so TBC...

0 comments: