Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Good Man

What has being a Good man accomplished me?

I say she’s beautiful.
I hold the door open for her.
I text message her randomly just to see how she is doing.
I give back massages and foot rubs when she needs them.
I comfort her with every aspect of the word “cater” in mind.
I stop what I’m doing when she needs me.
I care.
I love.
I pray.
I pray for her safety and her happiness.
But tell me something…..
Is what I’m doing not noticed?
Why can’t she get my subtle signs?
When I kiss her on the forehead it’s to let her know I’m here for her.
When I hold her hand while we talk,It’s to let her know that I’m listening.
When we hug and I don’t let go, it’s to let her know that I want her.
When I slip notes in her pocket, it’s to let her know that she means the world to me.
And when I stare into her eyes, it’s to let her know that I’m sad when she’s away.
I guess God must not see us together.

So what has being a Good man accomplished me……..
It gives me the comfort to know that a Great woman is just around the corner.

- Terence

3 comments:

Simplicity said...

Well, well, well Mr. Walcott, you never cease to amaze me. I'm so lovin' this secret side of you you're exposing. It's going to be fun watching you grow and "improve"! love you kiddo!

Madeleine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Madeleine said...

terence!!!! this is great
<333333