Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Need for Wonderful Mothers...

I got tight today. I’m walking home from playing ball and I see some scruffy ass dude damn near dragging a little girl while she is crying hysterically. First of all he was pulling her while cursing her out like she was a grown ass lady; saying things like “Shut the fuck up”, and “Keep crying and I’m gonna beat your ass”. Seeing that affected me more than I thought because all I could think about was how unfortunate the little girl was for growing up in that type of environment. Granted, I could have just witnessed him on a bad day, frustrated with everything, but that still is no excuse for treating her like that. The girl was no more than 4 years old getting cursed out and mistreated like an orphan. People wonder why kids grow up violent and bitter. It’s like a vicious cycle. People teach what they know, so if the only thing the little girl knows is cursing and violence then that’s how she is going to raise her kids and so on. There are so many other ways to discipline a child. 

My mother raised me and my two siblings damn near on her own. All of our fathers are deadbeat bums that have more negative ways than positive. She showed us constant love while teaching us the necessary manners and knowledge to survive in the world. My mother is my idol, mentor, confidant, accountant, and advisor. So I could only hope that the little girl has a wonderful mother like I have. She needs someone positive in her life; preferably her mother because they are the most influential in a child’s life. We could mitigate the unfortunate cycle of violent behavior in our youth just by improving the way we raise them. It starts at home.

 

P.S…Shout outs to all the wonderful mothers out there and may God bless every child with one because they can improve the life of that child more than anyone will ever know. I LOVE YOU MOM!!!! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR LOVE!!!!



0 comments: