Monday, April 14, 2008

Think

I consider myself an intellectual dude. I’m very observant to life and everything it encompasses. One facet of life and maybe the most important is human interaction. If you think about it, human interaction is what molds our culture and our way of life. Without me expressing my issues and you listening and vice versa, how can we evolve/improve as human beings? We can’t. My idea plus your idea equals society. If Jesus hadn’t come to spread the word of God, would we know about Him? Would we believe as much as we do? I don’t believe so. Therefore I ask as many questions as possible.

I have a few people whom I go to for thought provoking conversation (no need to name names). Out of these conversations, I pondered a question I would like to ask everyone reading this… What do we do? As black people, are we independent or are we governed by society? Do we dictate our future or are tricked into believing we are? Was it us that had the epiphany that going to college will promise us a wonderful and “happy” future? Or was it society that told us so? A conversation that I had with Francis made me think, do we live by the system, say fuck the system or actually fuck the system? Which one is Obama doing?

If we live by the system, then we must believe in it and feel guaranteed that it will make/keep us “happy”. As it states in the Declaration of Independence under “inalienable rights”, “Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness” is what us as a people should have. I HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE HAPPY. Well people say that ignorance is bliss. So being involved in the system has the “potential” to make us happy but it does not guarantee this. I guess that’s why it states “the PURSUIT of Happiness”. So is Obama involved in the Plan for our Happiness. Is he “fucking” the system or is he merely saying “Fuck” the system? Taking a conspiracy theorist position, is the “System” letting him reach the lengths he has reached so that Us (black people) can feel better about the racism and discrimination we have faced and are still facing to this day. We say: America has to be improving to let a Black man have the chance to obtain the highest role in the American government. He has the ability to “control” the same government that said it was ok to have slaves at one point. He has to ability to “control” the government that created the Affirmative Action law. He has the ability to “control” the government that once said we were only 3/5 human. So is this just another ploy that the “System” has to keep us in check?

Are we Happy? Are we satisfied? Is this it? Is there no need for another Malcolm X now that Obama is here? Is there no need for another Martin Luther King, Jr. or Frederick Douglas?
Food for thought…. Let me know how you feel?

T

0 comments: