Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Re-Connecting the Dots


I love conscious hip-hop. Listening to someone who talks "real" talk is like listening to a poem. It takes more than one listen but when you decipher the meaning then its even more inspiring and thought-provoking. I am a big Jigga, Lupe, and Kanye fan. I'm currently trying to decipher the other greats like Talib, Mos, Black Thought, Little Brother and Pharoahe Monch. These are people that talk real ish.


Unfortunately, I have not always been up on conscious hip-hop. I'm a huge R&B fan. To be honest, majority of the music I jam to is R&B. Next in line is Hip-Hop, Reggae, Soca, Pop, Smooth Rock, and Rock. I was one of those people that heard the song but didn't listen to the song. I normally had to like the melody and the hook in order to really listen to the song which sucks because you miss out on so much that way. So that being said, this is my pledge to go back to all the music I heard but not grasped. I plan to LISTEN to what these people are talking about.


0 comments: